Tuesday, September 29, 2009

GIVE - Being Kinder to Myself

One of the Five Ways to Wellbeing is GIVE. This is the notion that we can have a positive effect by changing how we behave to each other - being kinder, more generous, more understanding, more empathic.


I also think that this applies to how we think of ourselves. For instance, today I had a difficult day, where a project I had helped initiate had a very disappointing launch. Although I am prepared to take due responsibility for this, I have made a conscious decision to be kind and generous to myself - to cut myself some slack. I have had a think about what went wrong, and why, and now I'm ready to focus my energies on the only thing I can have some influence over - namely, the future, which is still there to be made.


Colin
<*((((><(

No comments:

Post a Comment